Bradford City of Sanctuary
Bradford City of Sanctuary (BCoS), part of the rapidly growing national CoS movement, was launched in 2008 with a vision of creating a culture of welcome, hospitality and inclusion in the city for asylum seekers and refugees. We aim to increase understanding and support as well as opportunities for employment, volunteering and participation in all aspects of life in the city
Our activities include:
* Sanctuary in Schools project
* Help into Volunteering project
* Events celebrating the contributions to the city made by those seeking sanctuary
* Engaging with local media to ensure accurate representation of asylum issues
* Engaging with Bradford Council and other providers of local services
* Informing, inspiring and encouraging people to get involved in practical action
* Talks and displays.
We hold our monthly meetings from 4.30-6pm on Wednesdays (usually the second of the month) at Bread & Roses, 14 North Parade BD1 3HT. Come and see how you can get involved! Please contact us to confirm the date of our next meeting.